/> WHAT WILL BE . . .© Farming is Falling, Effecting Food and Family © Be-Think: BE-THINK ©

Friday, November 26, 2004

BE-THINK ©

May I introduce the being and thinking behind this blog.

I am a person that chooses consciously not only to be; I choose to think. As a person that is choosing to investigate a site titled “Be-Think,” you too may be interested in the value of being and thinking. Possibly, you are probing, searching for a treasure. I believe that the treasure of our being increases when we contemplate our own thoughts [as well as the thoughts of others.]

It is my belief that our thoughts are the catalyst for our actions; as we think so shall we be. Sadly, soooo much of what we think is not as we say, or even what we say that we believe. Our truest beliefs are buried beneath the surface of what we say. How often do you say that you will succeed, and yet you suspect that you will not? How often do you find that while you state the affirmative, what you believe is less than? How often have you spoken of yourself as though you knew your self and then discovered that you did not? How often do you believe that you know what you yourself are thinking then later discover that you were in error? How often did you or do you truly admit to your own inner thoughts [and do you admit these to others or to yourself]?

What we truly believe is learned. We learn to think, to be, [to say, to do, to feel], and to believe as we do when we are very, very, very young, before we realize that there are other options. Sadly, some of us never reflect and realize that the truth for others is what they learned to be true. Nor have we reflected and realized that this too is true of us.

In this site, I hope to offer opportunities, open minds, and stimulate thoughts that avail other options--options beyond those that you, I, or we might already know. I hope to travel beyond, to travel together, to take us all on a trip that is never ending. My desire is that our expedition is intellectually, emotionally, physiologically, psychologically, and spiritually expanding.

Mike Pinder, of the Moody Blues offers, as I believe. In 1968 he wrote . . .
Thinking is the best way to travel . . .
From “In Search of the lost Chord”

While thinking is the best way to travel, at least it is for me, I know and trust that what we think and what we do with these thoughts affects our being. I offer a thought that affects me eternally. I believe that it is one of the most meaningful thoughts ever expressed. Horace Walpole is the author of this assertion; he is the father of the Gothic Novel. He lived in the 16th century, yet, for me, his wisdom is timeless. His father was the first Prime Minister of England and he himself was a Member of Parliament. He writes . . .
For those who think, life is a comedy.
For those who feel, life is a tragedy.
Horace Walpole [Father of Gothic Novels, Member of Parliament]

I believe that we all feel and if we choose to think through the feelings, we will find such folly, funniness, and fun. Therefore, I ask you to please travel with me, think, and be better and better, the best, and then even beyond! For, as Shakespeare states . . .

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
Shakespeare: Hamlet, IV, c. 1601