/> WHAT WILL BE . . .© Farming is Falling, Effecting Food and Family © Be-Think: THE POWER OF WORDS, WHEN BUSH CALLS WAR “PEACE” ©

Monday, May 16, 2005

THE POWER OF WORDS, WHEN BUSH CALLS WAR “PEACE” ©

I was listening to a commentary titled, “Language Makes Difference to Cancer Patients.” Do Not Resuscitate, a “DNR order,” was the topic. As the speaker, Debra Jarvis, a chaplain for the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance spoke, I was reminded of my own concern. No, I was not worried that I might pass, at least not now or anytime soon. I was not thinking of the tentative nature of my own life or even that of others. I was not thinking of the tentative nature of my own life or even that of others. I was contemplating the power of words, first those of this clergywoman and then the words of our President.