/> WHAT WILL BE . . .© Farming is Falling, Effecting Food and Family © Be-Think: THE RELATIONSHIP; WE MEET . . . ©

Saturday, January 22, 2005

THE RELATIONSHIP; WE MEET . . . ©

It began on April 15, tax day, and while many may think that it was quite taxing, quite a burden, even a bludgeoning, I wonder if it was not my beginning. It began with an introduction, a request to keep company, at least for the time it takes to eat a meal, and then after a four-hour conversation, it became much more, much, much more.

We met in a restaurant, one that I ate in daily and had for years. Actually, though I thought that April 15 was the date of our first meeting, he informed me that it was not. Apparently, weeks earlier, when he was there with another woman, his friend, what he later revealed was his “best friend,” he passed by my table, my usual table, and shared a few words and a smile. I did not recall this clearly, for in the many years of my dining at this locale, strangers stopped by my table frequently. They smiled and shared a few words; yet, rarely were their words or their ways memorable to me. His and he were as the rest, not meaningful and therefore barely worthy of my remembering. They and he were merely moments.

However, this night was different.

Please continue reading "THE RELATIONSHIP; WE MEET . . . ©"