/> WHAT WILL BE . . .© Farming is Falling, Effecting Food and Family © Be-Think: TODAY IS THE DATE! ©

Friday, April 15, 2005

TODAY IS THE DATE! ©

I awoke this morning and thought of you. I am writing this on April 15th, the year is unimportant, for every year, since we first met, on April 15th, I think of you. Do you remember me, us, our meeting on this date? Do you recall that just after 6:00 PM, on April 15th you first introduced yourself to me?

Possibly, you remember the conversation; it was hot, healthy, and even heated as we discussed family, feelings, philosophies, and politics. After almost four hours of fun, we struggled to part ways. You called immediately upon arriving home; you left a message. Without delay, I returned your call.

We arranged to meet again on the evening of April 17th. You arrived at my home, with a book in hand. It was Rush Limbaugh’s first release, titled, “The Way Things Ought to Be.” In truth, I had forgotten the title of this book. I had to look it up. Now, I laugh; the title seems a precursor to so much of what was. While I knew then and now that the thoughts of Rush represent your political beliefs, the title of this book says more than I knew at that time. I smile while reflecting. I learned so much, not only from reading the book; I learned from relating to and with you!